One purpose, four choices…and lots of environmental uses
GripClad® offers four types of slip resistant surfaces to cover stairs depending on the type of environment and the level of pedestrian foot traffic.
What types of businesses and industries use our retrofit Anti-Slip Stair Tread Covers?
Our GRP Anti-Slip Stair Tread Covers have been used by councils, housing, offices, plant, sub-stations, public buildings, gas industry, forestry, estate management, theme parks, shopping centres and hospitals. In fact, they can be and have been used anywhere that there is a potential to slip.
Retrofit, in other words, is adding to the existing steps to enhance and ensure a sure footing to eliminate slip accidents.
Four types of slip resistant surfaces
We have Standard, Heavy Duty, Edge Reinforced and Precision, all are the most durable solution to slippery steps and stairs, suitable for both internal and external stairs.
These four product choices offer longevity; They are rigid and resistant to expansion making them ideal for high footfall areas. Our Anti-Slip Stair Tread Covers can reach the highest demands in terms of safety, durability, resistant to swelling, stretching or warping over a wide range of temperatures and physical stresses.
Whatever the environment there is a solution for all levels of traffic within this range, from rarely used fire escapes to public train station steps. A range of colours and sizes are available as well as a glow in the dark option for unlit areas. Our retrofit anti-slip stair tread covers are building regulation compliant as well as DDA compliant with a 55mm contrasting nosing.
We can also supply for top and mid landing areas as well.
- Affordable solution – Our standard stair tread covers start at just £23.10 per stair tread making them suitable for all budgets.
- Quick installation – Drill down with mechanical fixings with minimal downtime and walked on immediately.
- Our gritted surface provides excellent anti slip properties providing increased safety on steps and stairs and the high contrasting colour aids visibility.
- Long lasting anti-slip – Our stair tread covers are produced using Aluminium Oxide grit, which is twice as hard wearing as the industry standard quartz.
- Extremely durable – The low profile fibreglass construction is produced by the pultruded method which means they will not bend, warp or split over time.
- Suitable for a variety of substrates including wood, metal and concrete stairs.
- Chemical resistant – in addition to being non-slip, they are also chemical resistant, providing the perfect solution for potentially hazardous areas.
- Minimal downtime – our extreme core non-slip stair treads can be walked on immediately and fitted with ease keeping downtime to a minimum.
- Suitable for areas of extreme traffic such as railway stations, bus and subway stations and public car parks. The aluminium reinforced GRP with Aluminium Oxide grit composition makes them almost indestructible.
- Chemical resistant
- Minimal downtime
- Aesthetically pleasing – Our precision stair tread covers combine aluminium with anti-slip resin inserts, resulting in an anti-slip stair tread that is not only exceptionally durable but also aesthetically pleasing.
- Precision provides a safe, smart and contemporary look that will blend in well with modern design.
- Ideal for restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, cafes, bars and entertainment venues where aesthetics are just as important as providing a solution to hazardous slippery stairs.
- Highly durable – Our 15 year guarantee speaks for itself. Precision’s chemical resistant surface also means that this stair tread cover is ideal for heavy footfall areas prone to food and drink spillages.
The Technical Bit
|Grit Type:||Silicon Quartz||Aluminium Oxide|
|MOHS Hardness Scale:||7||9|
|Ideal For:||Commercial premises||Industrial premises|
|PTV Test Reading Dry:||71||76|
|PTV Test Reading Wet:||63||70|
|Pedestrian Traffic Level:||Light – Medium||Heavy|
|Sheet Thickness:||4mm – 5mm with grit||5mm – 7mm with grit|
|Guarantee:||3 Years||10 Years to 15 Years|
Stair Tread Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need Standard, Heavy Duty or Extreme Core stair treads?
This depends on how heavily used the staircase will be. For medium foot traffic our Standard stair treads are ideal. For heavy foot traffic, we’d recommend our Heavy Duty stair treads – you also have a choice between fine (internal) and coarse (external) grit. Our Extreme Core stair tread covers are an exceptionally durable solution for stairs that experience very heavy foot traffic, e.g. train stations.
- Can your stair tread covers be cut to size?
Yes, our stair tread covers can be cut to size using orbital cutting equipment with a diamond blade. Please see our data sheets on the stair tread product pages for more info on cutting. We offer a free cut to size service for all products (except for our aluminium treads), simply contact us and provide the measurements you require, and we’ll take care of the rest.
- Are your stair treads covers easy to install?
Our stair tread covers are easily and quickly installed with our fixing kits. We will send full installation instructions with every purchase order.
To find out more about our anti-slip solutions which are extremely durable, lighter, stronger, longer lasting and easier to fit, click here. For more information on the variety of stair tread products we provide, give us a call on 02380 406796 or contact us here.