The global pandemic has brought with it a new use for our anti-slip tape and pads; as social distance markers they are perfect as our high quality tapes use pressure sensitive adhesives (PSA) to keep them stuck down for longer. You can be sure that GripClad anti-slip tape & pads always provide an anti-slip surface that is durable, efficient and effective.
For best results when applying tape or other social distancing markers, follow the instructions below to ensure maximum performance in all environments.
- Material storage: Ensure the material is kept in dry, warm conditions in the original protective packaging.
- Surface Preparation: A clean, dry surface is essential. You can use specially developed IPC cleaner to remove all surface contaminants – DO NOT use methylated spirits/petrol/lighter fluid etc. as these leave behind a thin greasy residue. Ensure the prepared surface is above 10°c.
- Porous Surface Sealing: Porous surfaces must be sealed prior to application to prevent water attacking the adhesive. Toluene based primers are ideal. Apply a thin coat to the cleaned surface using a paint brush, then leave to dry.
- Tape Application: Peel back part of the release liner then press the adhesive firmly onto the prepared surface, and slowly keep peeling back the liner while applying the tape. Try to ensure that the tape is not taut.
- Finish!: Once applied, press tape down firmly using even pressure, ensuring that no air is encapsulated beneath (extra tip: decorating rollers are excellent for this). We recommend sealing the edges using ‘edge fix’ as this will extend the life of the product. Only use a small amount to the leading edge, a thin bead is all that is needed. Do not apply on the underneath of the tape. Only apply to the edge once the tape has been bonded down.
- With Conformable Anti-Slip Tape products: Peel back the release liner. Do not attempt to remove the silver backing as this is part of the product. With a soft mallet, impact the surface to ensure it flows into the valleys. If correctly applied, the new anti-slip surface can be walked on straight away, though you will get maximum benefit if you leave it for a few hours.
If you need any help with selecting the best social distance markings tape for your premises or if we can help you with any other anti-slip products, contact Barry and the GripClad team on 023 8040 6796 or email@example.com or more information.
To keep up to date with our latest products, applications and to receive anti-slip help, advice and guidance sign up to receive our regular updates here.