Industrial Fibreglass Handrails
These components are specially designed to deliver to your exact specification. Manufactured from the pultrusion process (polymerisation of a profile pulled through a heated die) and contains up to 70% fibreglass, ensuring exceptional mechanical strength.
Gripclad GRP Handrailing is virtually a maintenance free alternative product, ideally suited for industrial and commercial applications, particularly in harsh environments where its corrosion resistance allows it to out-perform conventional galvanised steel equivalents.
Key Benefits of GRP Handrailing
- Easy to install
- All parts made to fit each other
- Cost effective
- Maintenance free
- Ideal for industrial and commercial application
- Corrosion resistant
- Better than galvanised steel
- No welding required
- Impact resistant
Contact us today to see how GRP Handrails can help you
Personal Bespoke Service
All parts of our fibreglass handrails are made to fit into each other and are easy to handle. GRP Handrailing is compliant with all relevant standards and provides a versatile, cost effective solution because no repainting or welding is required. It has excellent resistance to impact and fatigue and overloading does not cause permanent deformations.
Fibreglass Handrail Applications
There are endless applications where GRP Handrailing is needed.
- Onshore and offshore
- Access platform walkways
- Pedestrian bridges and steps
- Worker access to machinery
- Marina gangways
- Replacements for steel chequer plate or grid steps
Handrails from Stock or Bespoke
We can supply direct from stock or supply bespoke made to specifications as requested by you.
- Handrail Tube 50mm Diameter x 3.5mm thick ISO Yellow in 6000mm Length - This can be cut down if required.
- Handrail Insert Tube - 43mm x 4.00mm thick ISO Yellow
- Handrail Tee Connector - Yellow
- Handrail Cross - Yellow
- Handrail Base Plate ( Surface Mount) - Yellow
- Kick Plate - ISO Yellow 150mm High
Handrail Safety - What you need to know
- When a handrail is installed, walking levels above a height of 500mm must prevent the fall of objects
- The minimum height of GRP Handrail must be at least 1100mm above the walking surface
- The handrail must include at least one intermediate mid knee rail
- The maximum span between stanchions centre to centre spacing must not exceed 1500 mm
- The maximum clear space between horizontal rails must not exceed 500 mm