Modular & Ergonomic GRP Handrailing Systems
These components are specially designed to deliver to your exact specification. Manufactured from the pultrusion process (polymerisation of a profile pulled through a heated die) and contains up to 70% fibreglass, ensuring exceptional mechanical strength.
Railing for Industrial and Commercial Applications
GRIPCLAD® GRP handrailing is virtually a maintenance-free alternative product, ideally suited for industrial and commercial applications. It's particularly suited to harsh environments where its corrosion resistance allows it to outperform conventional galvanised steel equivalents or timber alternatives. This is due to GRP's high strength-to-weight ratio and low installation and maintenance cost.
GRP Handrail Key Benefits
- Easy to fabricate and install
- All parts made to fit each other
- Robust and sturdy
- Incredible durability
- Warm to the touch
- Maintenance free
- Colour choice of either yellow or grey
- Ideal for industrial and commercial applications
- Corrosion resistant
- Better than galvanised steel
- No welding required
- Impact resistant
Choose from our Modular to Ergonomic GRP Composite Handrail Systems
Personal Bespoke Service
Modular Fibreglass Handrail Systems
All parts of our fibreglass handrails are made to fit into each other and are easy to handle. GRP handrailing is compliant with all relevant standards and provides a versatile, cost effective solution because no repainting or welding is required. It has excellent resistance to impact and fatigue and overloading does not cause permanent deformations.
There are endless industrial and commercial applications where GRP handrail solutions are needed:
- Onshore and offshore
- Access platform walkways
- Pedestrian bridges and steps
- Worker access to machinery
- Marina gangways
- Replacements for steel chequer plate or grid steps
Handrails Supplied from Stock or Bespoke made to Specification
- Handrail Tube 50mm Diameter x 3.5mm thick ISO Yellow in 6000mm Length - This can be cut down if required.
- Handrail Insert Tube - 43mm x 4.00mm thick ISO Yellow
- Handrail Tee Connector - Yellow
- Handrail Cross - Yellow
- Handrail Base Plate ( Surface Mount) - Yellow
- Kick Plate - ISO Yellow 150mm High
These fibreglass handrails have been independently tested on Modular Handrails and the system meets the requirements of BS4592:0 2006+A1 2012 Industrial Flooring, Stairs and Handrails for General Duty , 0.36kN/m
The Standard handrail system has also been tested and this can meet the requirements for Heavy Duty, 0.74kN/m/ These items were tested with centres between the stanchions of 1.25m. Obviously if the stanchions are closer together then the loading could be greater.
Ergonomic GRP Handrail Systems
- We stock Ergonomic GRP handrail systems that offer incredible durability
- This system consists of four profiles which are available in 6 metres lengths
- The handrail is easy to make by drilling 38mm hole into the box sections for the tube to be inserted for the knee rail
- The handrail profile sits on top and the toe rail at the base
- Independently tested by the Engineering Department at Lancaster University, our Ergonomic GRP handrail system meets the requirements of BS 4592.0 2006+a1 2012
Industrial flooring, stair and handrails for Heavy Duty ( 0.74kN/m) It exhibits excellent resistance to a wide range of chemicals,including acids, alkalis,
fresh and salt water, ethylene glycol, petrol and other fuel oils.
Supplied from Stock or Bespoke, made to Specification
- Product: Handrail Dimensions 76mm x 50mm Weight 1.47kg.m in grey or yellow
- Product: Knee Rail Tube Dimensions 38mm od x 32mm id Weight 0.62kg.m in grey or yellow
- Product: Knee Rail Tube Dimensions 31mm od x 25mm id Weight 0.54kg.m in grey or yellow
- Product: toe Rail (Kick Plate) Dimensions 150mm x 3mm Weight 1.30kg/m in grey or yellow
- Product: Box Section Dimensions 51mm x 51mm x 6.35mm Weight 2.17kg/m in grey or yellow
Handrail Safety - What you need to know
- When a GRP handrail is installed, walking levels above a height of 500mm must prevent the fall of objects so a kick plate is required
- The minimum height of GRP handrail must be at least 1100mm above the walking surface
- The handrail must include at least one intermediate mid knee rail
- The maximum span between stanchions centre to centre spacing must not exceed 1500 mm
- The maximum clear space between horizontal rails must not exceed 500 mm
If you have a project that requires GRP handrails, send us over your drawing/specification. If you're not sure what you need, give us a call and we can help advise you by design.